Monday, March 19, 2007

Photos from Matt Schambers '86











A picture of the house in 1986 - notice the upstairs broken window pane - typical of always having something broken at the house!


Picture of Frank at his annual dinner. Frank was a great contributor to the house - fixing electrical, water heaters, etc. And always at the DPhi parties chasing the young girls. A great part of DPhi history in the 70's & 80's.

The boys at Franks dinner - around 1984




















1985 - Picture of a Navy guy (John Foster, '86) giving a Marine (John Carl, '85) a shave in the third floor bathroom




2 comments:

Tim Agar said...

Greetings. Great job on this blog.

It was a sad day back in 1996 (I think that was the year) when I flew in from California and sat on the steps at the front of the house as the last brothers packed up and drove off, and the Union maintenance guy went around and started boarding up the windows. My son, four at the time, scampered around outside as I downed a six-pack of Labatt's Blue. The inside of the house had been thrashed in the days preceding,clearly with the knowledge the house was closing forever.

Looking forward to seeing those brothers who can make it to ReUnion. I propose we make it an annual reception - just an idea.

Tim Agar, '82
Fair Oaks, CA
timsagar@gmail.com

Michael Kaplowitz said...

Hey There. This blog is wonderful. It is amazing to see all the images from the various eras refelcting common themes and the richness of life at Union as a Delta Phi. Like the fondness we share for Pearl, she was something special.

While I will be unable to make the reunion/dedication, I will be there will you all in spirit. It seems the further I am from those days on the hill with my brothers of Delta Phi, the more I appreciate the friendships and experiences shared.

I hope our paths cross in the future. Looks like I'll be in Michigan for a while.

Michael Kaplowitz, '83
East Lansing, MI
kaplowit@msu.edu